In case you’re not aware, the World Series (of baseball) is happening. The best-of-7 series is tied 1-1 between (my beloved) SF Giants and the Kansas City Royals. Tonight is Game 3…and the starting pitcher for the Giants is my homeboy, Tim Hudson.
Ok, let me clarify… Huddy, as they call him, has no idea we’re homeboys… but we have so much in common we’re homeboys by default.
8 things Tim Hudson and I have in Common
- We were both born in Columbus, Georgia
- We graduated high school and are ‘from’ (sweet home) Alabama
- We both went to Auburn University (maybe even at the same time) – War Eagle!
- Tim calls Peachtree City, Georgia home…I used to race BMX in Peachtree City
- Tim has pitched for the Atlanta Braves and the Oakland A’s…those are two of my fav non-Giant teams
- The SF Giants is our favorite baseball team
- We are both followers of Jesus…that’s cool
- We are both “old”…I’m ~ 1.5 years more ‘seasoned’ than he
See, it’s almost like we’re brothers from another mother. Seriously, the fact that he went to Auburn, alone, makes me wanna pull for him. Plus, he is a really nice, humble dude, which I love to see in an athlete.
I honestly didn’t know anything about Tim until he came to the SF Giants this year. And just so happens I’ve followed baseball more this year than any other, so he became my favorite player right away early this year. (Hunter Pence is a close 2nd as my fav.)
Cool historical fact, he’ll be the 3rd oldest pitcher to make his World Series Pitching debut. In other words, he’s lucky to be getting there at his age. Hudson has pitched quite a bit in the post-season (i.e. with the Braves), but his team has never made it to the World Series….till now!
Anyway, here’s hoping Tim Hudson AND the SF Giants do well tonight!!
LET’s go GIANTS!